Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Toy...


For about seven years now I have worked with PC computers. I have used them mostly for word processing, music, pictures and simply surfing the internet. It was about four years ago that I got my first PC lap top. after three years of use, the motherboard fried due to unknown reasons. I looked into buying a Powerbook. After spending all of thirty minutes at the Apple store I decided that there was no way that I would be able to afford the computer that I wanted, I did not have the money.

The next weekend I took a trip to a few different computer stores to see what other deals I would be able to find. In the PC world, the deals are endless and cheap. I found a wonderful deal on an HP computer that I have had for the past 7 months.
But living in the capitalistic society that we live in, and since I have recently been hired to work as a third grade teacher, I decided to treat myself to a MacBook.
For the past four days now, I have been transferring all my files over to it and setting it up. I am not going to deny that it is a toy, but it is a solid machine. Plus, I got a fantastic deal on it,..an 80 gig iPod video for $150, 100$off educational discount and a free printer.
The computer world seems much simpler with a Mac? or is that how they want me to think?
Listening to Wilco - Summerteeth

No comments: