Saturday, July 21, 2007

In Lake Tahoe

Today was a vibrant day. I slept in for a bit and around nine I got up and went for a beautiful morning run up to the base of Heavenly Ski Resort. I thought about how much I love Tahoe and the mountains in California in the summertime, the way that the snow melt is still up on the high peak, the way that the air is just as crisp as in the ski season and as clean with the warmth of the sun,..I love looking up all around the lake and seeing the mountains that I have hiked and snowboarded and camped with family and friends.


It is easy to think about past winters spent in these mountains while here in the summertime, just as in the winter time it is easy to think about the summertime spent in the sun by the lake and in the lake to refresh from heat.


This afternoon we did just that; my parents, Jill and I went down to Tallac beach and camped out. Now my summer schedule of classes is not too intense, but it is still class and there is work and tasks to be completed. I needed to release some stress and a day like today was what I needed. I was contented on the beach in the sun. I read in the sand and swam in the clear water when sweat broke, I got a bit of shut eye and ultimatly it was the relaxing afternoon that has been a long time coming.

Thank you Lake Tahoe for 26 years of memories in my life.
Truly keep it blue.
Listining to Kate Wolf's Anthology.

No comments: