Thursday, August 2, 2007

Marathon Training,..

Nobody ever told me that training for a marathon would be easy, but I did not expect it to be to this demanding. The running is not the difficult part, the lungs, legs and heart are fine while running. It is the recovery on legs after my longer distance runs; 10+ mile days that takes time. My longer runs occur on Saturdays, and it takes until about Tuesday for my legs to recover completely. The good thing is that Sundays are easy 2-3 miles and Mondays are cross training days, so I can swim or bike. I have a schedule that my brother, who is an avid runner and running the same marathon with me in October, gave me in June. Jill also gave me three different marathon strategy books for a Christmas gift that I still have yet to truly break in the spines of. Since June 25th, I have followed the schedule my brother gave me almost exactly. There was a three day period in July where a summer cold caught up with me and I stayed away from the schedule.

I am excited and nervous at the same time for this to happen because October is coming around the corner soon and come September, I will have an extremely busy schedule. As the weeks continue, the weekend runs will get longer and longer and I hope to be able to fit them in. I am confident that I will be just fine. My mind is prepared for this, come October, I hope that my body will be up for the challenge.

Listening to A Perfect Circle

No comments: